Job Title: Executive Program Director
Direct Report: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The mission of Victory Junction is to enrich the lives of children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses by providing life-changing camping experiences that are exciting, fun and empowering, in a safe and medically sound environment.
The Executive Program Director ensures the mission is attained with strategic oversight and leadership given to Victory Junction's core programs summer camp, family weekends and REACH. The Executive Camp Director will directly oversee the program and REACH departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Effectively lead the strategy, allocation of resources and staffing to execute Victory Junction programs which reflect Victory Junction's mission & goals for children with serious medical conditions
- Provide the strategic oversight, management and leadership to all program and REACH staff to include training, supervision and evaluation
- Ensure the development, management and review of programs and REACH budgets are achieved per requirements
- Assist in meeting the needs of camp programs in: Medical, Food Services, Facilities and Administration
- Ensure the annual evaluation and regulatory compliance are achieved per requirements in the areas of: Risk Management, Crisis Management and Emergency Procedures
- Achieve the camp operations Risk Management plan for Victory Junction
- Review, evaluate and update of the Camp Action Plan per requirements
- Ensure medical compliance with all federal, state, American Camping Association and Seriousfun regulations and standards
- Ensure compliance of the Victory Junction liability insurance policy
Board and Community Awareness
- Regularly attend Board of Director meetings sharing information to ensure the board is kept up to date on activities, camp programing and initiatives.
- Lead the cultivation and stewardship of relationships with local civic, government agencies, Medical, Hospital, Treatment, and Voluntary Health Organization partnerships
- Assist in Victory Junction public awareness and public speaking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four year degree in business, masters preferred, or executive experience
- Seven to ten years' relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate policies into daily routine operations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems while maintaining employee morale
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate
- Self-assured, confident and goal-oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of company
- Ability to communicate using written reports and business correspondence
- Ability to make presentations of information at board meetings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to provide instructions in written or oral form
- Ability to analyze company policy with long range strategic results
- Ability to deal with board and any type of unusual request with no loss of good will
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
Attention to Detail:
- Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy and thoroughness in completing work
Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work:
- Ability to lead strategic planning events
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
- Ability to work independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Regularly required to use hands, talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms
- Travel required, along with overnight